Monday, December 1, 2008

Act of Resistance

For my act of resistance, I visited my previous middle school I attended in order to inform the soon-to-be high school students or eighth graders for that matter, about the effects and harm in which comes from the likes of teen pregnancy. Not having any personal encounters or accounts with that of teen pregnancy, I do feel as if you can only go downhill from that point. Going through the stress and agony of having a child while still in school is quite unbearable. Trying to balance the two with one another, along with multiple other issues one may be going through, is much harder than probably what I even think. As I explained to the eighth grade classes what you can get out of having a child at the tender age they are at, I could sense some of their minds swaying away from the likes of sex all together. Besides, they are entirely too young to even have their minds on those kinds of things anyway, in my opinion. I stayed completely honest with the eighth graders. I even told them how sex can be very pleasurable and full of enjoyment for some, but not to try it until they turn about fifty years old (which would be a joke by the way).I explained to them that chances are, that the more you have sex with someone, the more the risk becomes of you having a child, or even an STD (sexually transmitted disease) for that matter. Hopefully the kids understood the point that I was trying to get at and take into consideration what I said because the information I gave them will be highly useful in their later years. The pressures that come along from peers that concern having sex can easily force one to do it in order to simply fit in. Then, once you actually do do it, a slip-up can occur, as most of the cases with teen pregnancy, and that person could be having a child on the way. So be safe at all times, better yet, stay away from it all together! … (Just kidding! …But still be safe though!)

1 comment:

Muhca said...

Just kidding? you're horrible! lol